Sunday 17 March 2013

Sheffield Zine Fest

Two blog posts in one day! Woof! Yesterday we went to Sheffield Zine Fest where we were sharing a table with the ever brilliant Stef Bradley, who now has hand drawn tote bags as well as her super cool comics! If you don't believe me, here, look for yourself:


Just in case you didn't catch the significance in the last paragraph, I will repeat it for emphasis: these tote bags are HAND DRAWN. I can't even begin to fathom how long it must have taken to do that. Stef had loads of them, too, each featuring a different image from her dead good comics. The pollution bogey one is my favourite.

We had a lovely day and it was great to meet all the tablers (this is a term I had never heard of before until yesterday) and visitors and stuff. We even got to have a chat with local indie pop celebrity tonieee from Plouf! and the Parallelograms. We were particularly lucky to have a table next to the supremely talented Jenna Lee Alldread. It is unreal how much good stuff (Etsy link!) she has. Here's my favourite illustration that I could find on her Tumblr (I like illustrations of houses):

We were selling some new things on the stall, too, including some pretty nifty little ladybird brooches and a newly designed little bear that you can now buy on Etsy too!




The event was extremely well organised and we were made to feel very welcome by Chella and Bettie. I think there was talk of there being another zine fest in June some time, so hopefully we will be able to go back and do it again! Here follows a dump of photos from Liz's phone that were taken at the zine fest. They are: 1- our stall! 2- me and Stef! 3- Jenna and her stall!

1
2
3

Bye!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment